Guide to Pet-Friendly Condos from Honolulu to Hawaii Kai
When deciding a place to call home, it is important to consider your loved ones – including your furry family members, your pets. Honolulu has many condos that allow pets, even with some including pet-focused amenities.
Here are five Honolulu condos that offer incredible homes for your pet.
1. Hokua at 1288 Ala Moana Boulevard. This high rise was completed in 2006 and is very pet friendly, allowing two dogs with a maximum body weight of 60 pounds. The elegant building’s amenities even include two gated dog parks – one for big dogs and one for smaller canines. So you can enjoy the incredible gym, tennis courts, infinity pool, and your pups can enjoy their special space as well.
2. Anaha at 1108 Auahi Street. The newly completed, design-forward high rise allows two pets with a maximum weight of 60 pounds each. Among its list of luxurious amenities and building features is a dog park for the furry family members to play.
3. Ae‘o at 1001 Queen Street. The modern Ward Village tower with Whole Foods at its foundation allows two pets up to 60 pounds each. When your dog needs some exercise, go to the large dog run area within the building to run it out and meet other dog-loving friends.
4. Hawaiian Crown. This vintage Waikiki condominium houses 36 one-bedroom apartments – a third of which are occupied by owners. Amenities include a swimming pool and recreation area, and you can have an unlimited number of pets! Dogs can be easily walked around the Waikiki neighborhood, and there are even a few dog parks near – Ala Wai Dog Park and Diamond Head Bark Park.
5. Hale Ka Lae and Hale Manu. These Hawaii Kai condominium buildings boast a dog park, paw spa dog grooming center, and pet wash area on their lush four-acre complex. Take a stroll with your dog around the immaculately manicured lawns while viewing the native Hawaiian wetlands, mountains, and marina. Come home to a contemporary one-, two-, three-, or four-bedroom condo and enjoy the close proximity to Honolulu.
More Pet-Friendly Buildings. Check out Real Estate And Living’s new pet-friendly building search feature. Click on “More” and then check “Allows Pets” to see all the pet-friendly buildings on Oahu.
- Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), registered service animals may live with their owners, even if the building has a “no pets” rule. To learn more about assistance animals in Hawaii, the Hawaii Civil Rights Commissions offer this handout.
- If you're moving to Hawaii and have pets, it's required that all dogs, cats and carnivores complete 1 of 2 quarantine programs. These programs were put in place to ensure Hawaii stays a rabies-free state. The quarantine programs include a 5 day or less program and a 120 program. To find out which you qualify for, please checkout the Department of Agriculture's quarantine brochure.
For a full comprehensive list of all pet-friendly buildings on the island of Oahu, please visit Hawaiian Humane Society's website to see their list.
Check the condo rules to verify the pet information before making a purchase and note that there can be restrictions on weight or type of pet, which often change. Also, most buildings require the pet to be registered with the condo’s board, and there typically is an approval process for each pet. While condo rules about pets differ, the linked list above can offer a starting guide to finding a home for your family – furry friends included.